Resolve Thorconnwndclass Error- Fix DLL Files Missing Problem in Outlook
Outlook is an email management program which manages many tasks simultaneously like sending or receiving emails, creating back up of database, making of notes, appointments, etc. But if any unwanted corruption issue arises then the whole data of Outlook may gets corrupt or it may also damage the system file. There are some major reasons of corruption like virus infection, abruptly shut down of system, hardware or software failure, etc.
Thorconnwndclass Error – Symptoms
- Outlook started hanging
- Outlook is not properly getting closed
Error Message:"ThorConnWndClass unable to close"
Causes Affecting DLL Files Error
The top most possible reasons behind DLL file missing and ThorConnWndClass error are shown as following:
- Affected by any third party program
- When you perform the same task repeatedly instead of waiting for the task to complete on its first attempt
- Availability of unnecessary Add-ins in Outlook
- When using Norton which tries to update
Best Solution – Fix Outlook Thorconnwndclass Error
Here are the top most fixes discussed by this article, all you need to do is try each steps carefully till the problem get fixed. Hope it will be beneficial for the users.
- Run regsvr32.exe inetcomm.dll
- Create a new PST and Set the Default Delivery location to it
- Run Outlook in Safe mode and Disable Add-ins
- Remove Old User Profile and Create a new Outlook Profile
- Fix Outlook file if corrupted
Solution 1: Run regsvr32.exe inetcomm.dll
- Open command prompt by following these steps: click on Start and in the search box, type CMD and hit the Enter key from your keyboard.
- Now locate the DLL file. The path of DLL file will be different depending upon the bit version of Windows:
- For 64-bit path1: %systemroot%\System32\regsvr32.exe
- For 64-bit path2: %systemroot%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe
- Now in the command prompt, run the following: %systemroot%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe
Solution 2: Create a new PST and Set the Default Delivery location to it
- Start your Outlook ˃ click on Tools ˃ click on E-mail Accounts
- Click on "View or change existing e-mail accounts" ˃ then click on "Next"
- In the "Deliver new email to the following location", choose the new PST file to get the messages delivered in it
Solution 3: Run Outlook in Safe mode and Disable Add-ins
- Open command prompt (CMD) ˃ type outlook.exe/safe and hit the Enter key to launch MS Outlook automatically in safe mode
- Once Outlook starts in safe mode, click File ˃ click on Trust Center
- Click on Add-ins ˃ in the Manage section, under Com Add-ins, click on Go...
- A list of available Add-ins in Outlook will appear, de-select the box pointing to unnecessary application and click on Remove
Solution 4: Remove Old User Profile and Create a new Outlook Profile
- To remove old profile: Open Control Panel ˃ Mail icon ˃ click on Show Profiles
- You should see a list available Profiles ˃ select the profile that you want to delete ˃ click on Remove.
- Open Control Panel ˃ Mail icon ˃ click on Show Profiles ˃ click Add ˃ give a name to a new profile and click OK.
Solution 5: Fix Outlook File When corrupted
Use Scanpst.exe tool for the easy resolution of the minor damage in PST file. The detailed solution has been already discussed in the previous article.
In this article, user get to know the simple way to resolve Outlook ECF error after disabling Compatibility mode, and removing and reinstalling Schedule+Support files with the help of Maintenance Mode of Set-up.